Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I had a real fun day on saturday,
My sister,the 2nd oldest,and her hubby,came over and
we cleared out my dads shed, there was about twenty years of "good" crap in it.
We had a massive skip and we filled it in about 4.5 hours, now we had to watch mam like a hawk, because she kept trying to take things back out, even though she had okayed the dumping in the first place.

One thing she would not give back was a old umbrella, that wouldnt work, it was bent and broken, but she says it has sentimental value, so I said, okay, Ill get it back out for you, and I did, who am I to judge the value of her memories.
My god the amount of stuff, that people keep, bits of wood that is put to one corner just in case, old radios,lamps,bric a brac, and then it just fills the corner more and more each year.
The sad part of most of the stuff was that it would have been good only a storm blew the shed roof off a while ago, and when it was replaced it wasnt sealed properly and rain leaked in so alot of it was rotten or rusted. My dad is also a hoarder, he doesnt want to throw anything away, but he decided to clear it, I didnt question him too much at to why, I was just glad, we tidied up the shed for him and it looks great now, my brother in law worked like a trojan, and a steam train all together. Good for him.
My younger sister arrived with lunch for us, and we had a laugh, I was mucked up to the eyeballs, I think it is the tomboy in me, of course, I had to get into the skip to move stuff back. I enjoyed it, it was hard work but good craic.
We were supposed to clear out the garage, but it was too much for mam, she wouldnt allow anything to go out of there, so we left it, anyway the skip was full from the shed I think dad will have to get another one to clear anywhere else out.
I think we will leave that until the spring. haha.

No comments: