Friday, November 26, 2010

Yesterday, was a combination day,
That means I had good moments, bad moments, sad moments, funny moments,
Sure we women are great multitaskers anyway...

I went shopping with my friend, she is my newly divorced unhappy friend,
well maybe Im being a bit to general with the unhappy term, because she is a happy person normally, its just she loves and misses her husband desperately.
I miss my husband, and think he is desperate at the same time,
is that similar to her feelings, no, I dont think so.

So we went shopping, she needed some new outfits, she has gone up a few sizes recently,
and I nearly had a mini fit when I discovered that she was wearing pregnancy trousers, as I called them.
Now women, no matter how much weight you put on, DO NOT slip into the old maternity wear you have in the press,
they are by design made for comfort and expansion,
get to the shops, get the right size jeans or trousers or whatever,
and put them on, jeans in particular are designed to hold it all in, not let it all out!!
Leave the maternity wear for the pregnant blessed amongst us.

Now thank god, this girl, loves me, as I love her, because true to form, I ate the head off her,
now not literally you understand, anyway she has way too much hair for me to chew on. haha
I gave her the truth, that she is a beautiful woman, who has let things slide a little, in the body department, and she needs to take care of herself, not for him, or anyone else but for her.
She asked me how this had happened to her, how had she gone up two sizes, so the totally undiplomatic me, took over, and told her it was because she had sat on her arse and ate for the last six months.

So she looked at me, and I looked at her, and the woman in the next dressing area looked at us both, and we burst out laughing, it was gas..
She got some nice gear, we shopped for about 6 hours, she was exhausted, I was exhilarated, Im a shopper, I love it not matter who is buying Im for it.

We were supposed to be going out to a comedy show, that night, but she was wrecked so was I when we got home, thank heaven for the takeaway meals.
OH Yeah her diet starts tomorrow.

So she headed home, and I was gearing up for a lazy night, and my best sister arrived, she was surprising me with coming to the show with us. OOPS, we blew that one, so we went for a quiet drink, down town and chatted, she is so good for me for my soul.

When I came home, I looked at facebook to see pictures of my friends new baby to show my best sister, and got a kick in the ass, there amongst the pictures of her family and friends and her new baby, and her wedding which we were at a few years ago, there he was, standing just taking a picture of the wedding, but he was in one of her photos.
Ah well, I just gotta get used to that, those unexpected moments, at least I was at home, and at least I didnt cry, just shook me a bit.

So Im gonna be taking some of the advice, I gave to my friend yesterday, and try and live my life for me, about me.
No point in preaching if I dont practice is there.

No comments: