Monday, November 22, 2010

Sometimes these miss you days are not helped by the people I meet,
I went shopping to the local supermarket, now I know some people know and some dont, sure that is grand, what can you do.

One of the operators in the supermarket, came up to me, and was chatting you know when they are dying just dying to chat with you about your situtation, I didnt really mind, it was just I was a bit fragile,
a bit down.
So anyway she is separated years, and Im expecting her to gee me up, you know you'll be grand, and what does she say to me,
You know its awful, I am so alone, christmas is coming and you cant rely on the kids when they grow up, to be with you, they have their own lives to lead, it almost 11 years since Im on me own, it just gets harder.

So now Im at the Holy Jesus, stage, lets end this conversation rapid.
I said ah you should have got yourself another man, you dont need to be on your own, just because he is gone, and the kids are grown,
why didnt you go out a get a new life, new people,
I said the worse possible thing, because she replied,
oh yeah I did that, and he was a disaster,
I couldnt trust him, couldnt relax about him, it was awful.
So I said, well thanks for that comforting thought, I feel so much more worse than I did before we spoke,
thats a depressing life for me now isnt it.
Oh she goes I didnt mean you, I mean thats just me, but its so hard sometimes.
Great I think, that is over, but no the other girl on the check out, says, sure you have a lovely man, what are you worried about, your chap is great, arent ye here all the time together.
OOPS
Nope, I said, he left me, we are separated, gone forever,
her jaw nearly hit the floor, and her eyes did the pop out of their sockets dance. It would have been funny,
if I wasnt feeling so goddam miserable at the time.

Well, she says are you sure, how funny was that one.
Are you sure?
Yes I am sure, in fact positive I said.
Oh I didnt mean that, anyway, has he got another woman,
even her friend the starter of this shitty conversation
gasped at that one.
I would rather not discuss that if you dont mind I said,
Well what I mean is, she says, if he has another woman,
then you can go out and get another man, it means you have the right.
Jesus where do these women come from?
Anyway, because my snot was up by the intrusion of their conversation,
I said,
whether he has another woman or not, the fact that I am separated
means I am entitled to get another man,
if I want to,
I dont need to consider why or how he feels or why or how he left.
Is that okay with you,
and then I grabbed my bags and walked away, nose in air, oh yeah.
I stopped just as she called me, shit I had forgotten to pay,
so I blamed them, saying ye got me muddled and fuddled,
with all that chat,
but I was mortified and yeah it was my fault,
but we were all silly bitches that day.

No comments: