Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Today I have had a lovely day, and its all thanks to the snowy weather.
Schools are closed, and The kids and me had a great day,
We stayed in bed until 10.30 and then the two girls were up and out
pelting each other with snowballs.

They knocked the door, but oh suspicious me, open it a small crack
and yep, in the snowball tried to come,
Im not that old, I remember doing that myself.

Then we had sausage sandwiches, dosed with ketchup mmmm
and then two christmas cakes were made.

For dinner a special request from the cold weather crew,
Mince stew, jeez its been a while since I made that, even as they grow into young adults, they still love the old fashioned kids stuff, its great.

Now it is 8pm and I hear the sound of them
laughing as they are back out there, fresh snow,fresh snowballs...
Its lovely, thank god for it.
I'm reminded that its not all doom and gloom,
kids still laugh, life still goes on,
lots to look forward to each new day...

No comments: