Thursday, December 9, 2010

Well the snow is still here, Monday I drove home in a blizzard,
so Yesterday the girls had no school again.
I must be mellowing, because I went out and had a snowfight with them,
Pair of brats, showed me no mercy,
Im like mind the hair, now that its long
it takes minding!!

I decided to do some washing, get ahead, and lo and behold, no water in the machine,
the outside pipe had frozen, so I spent two hours trying to defrost it, with hot water,
and then I figured I would blow dry it, all to no avail, I spent more time trying to drag
my jack russell off attacking the hairdryer every chance she got, it was hilarious and annoying all at the same time.
Well the girls thought it was hilarious and I thought it was annoying,
okay pretty funny too.

So I was fed up and freezing, so I then had a brainwave, I filled the machine, from
the drawer where the powder etc goes in. Of course I have no hose, so its in and
out to the machine with a large jug of water listening for the buzz on the machine as it tried to pull water from the mains supply, Well it worked, the machine went on, and when it went to rinse, I did the same thing again.
I am of course now sweating in case I messed up the pump on the machine, but desperate means desperate measures.

Okay, I probably wasn't actually that desperate more stubborn, you know, I can do it,
I can get the water into the machine, and get the machine running. OH yeah victory. hah

I just did the one wash, to heck with that.
The fact that I had spent the two hours odd,
in the freezing back yard,
meant I woke up this morning snotting and blowing with a head cold. Yuck.

My youngest says people dont say yuck any more mam its sooo old fashioned,
I guess thats me old fashioned, not old though....

The aforementioned dog, barked all night I was like what the hell is the matter
with her, I found out this morning when I went to feed her,
and she had brought a lovely present to my back door,
Now I'm going with it was a very very large mouse, but I have a suspicion a
Rat found its way into my shed, and my brave pippy spent the night trying and finally
defeating this horrible rodent. Thank God.

Why however, can this brave doggy, not put it in a bag and remove it too the bin also.
The girls had a field day, watching me through the window, wincing and whinging as I
scooped the dead thing up and shovelled it into a bag for the bin,
Horrendous, uggh, yes I am a wimp, but mission was accomplished its in the
bin, and the doggy got a big well done, an extra meat, but not to much, just in case,
any more critters are hiding out in the shed, dont want her too full to chase them down.

Really this dog should be trained as a hunter, she has it in her, she catches birds, and bees in mid flight, mad thing, also I have to have to extra long clothesline poles because she attacks and removes anything she can reach off the line. Bitch, but we love her..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing writing, so sad but enough nuggets of humour to stop the tears.