Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I went out with a couple of mates awhile back, Nothing exciting or delighting, just a few gals having a laugh and a chat.

So we are sitting there, chatting and laughing, I get up go to the bar, and I swear to god, someone must have put a neon sign up over my head.

"NO MAN ATTACHED"


Two fellas mosied on over to me, all chat, such lovely men,
with nice respectable air about them,
sure will we buy you a drink,
what about your friends over there,
would they mind if we came and sat with them?

Now as you have guessed by now, if you have been reading my posts at all,
I like a little bit of sarcasm,
in fact I like it a bit too much for my own good,
"ah sure they would be delighted, to have you over,
we are only out on a girls night,
and nothing better on a girls night than to be surrounded
by two fine lumps a men like yourselves",
I replied with a smile.

Well the sarcasm was lost on the pair of them,
I think they thought birthday and christmas had all come together,
over they go to the lassies,
and I stood there gobsmacked at the innocence of pair of them,
kinda like
lambs to the slaughter really.

One of them actually got as far as sitting in amongst them,
and putting his drink on the table, before the first comment hit him.

"Sorry love, you must be confused, this isnt your seat"

"Nah says another one, its in your sitting room, next to your wife,
why dont you take yourself there, like NOW"

"I dont know, now ladies, be nice to the poor chap,
at his age
sure it could be the onset of
alzheimers,",

Poor love,

"Well darling did you forget, you are married,
never mind, we wont, go on home now, good chap"

I know where the phrase cackling hens came from


Did I have sympathy for them.

Nah.

No comments: