Saturday, October 2, 2010

Its weird the way you would love to do something for ages, and then when its the last thing in the world you want you get what you wished for
I always wanted to go on jury duty, have a bit of a gra for the law, csi mad, and always trying to solve thrillers before the film ends if you know what I mean, anyway, I m in the middles of my chaotic life, and lo and behold I get summoned for jury duty.
Now its supposed to be really hard to get out of,
but I went there and asked the jury minder if I didnt want to do it for personal reasons what would happen, well he says, you can stand up in open court and tell the judge your reason for not wanting to do it,
  Like that was gonna happen!
So my number gets called, but you can be challenged by either side and not be a juror, so in i go with a line of people, there I am, rubbing the guardian angel card, my best sis gave me ages ago, for all I was worth,
 and guess what,
 you got it I was selected.
It was quite a bad sad case, and I really didnt want to do it, I rang up the next day, to see what would happen if I couldnt cope, they said because we had been sworn in, it may have to be cancelled and that would mean everyone involved would be back at square one, I couldnt do that, so I decided to go ahead and do my civic duty,
 jeez did I get sick of that term, being quoted at us.

My wonderful ex(s) response when he heard what I was doing, was,
why did you go and get yourself picked for that,
 so even a random selection of jury duty was my frigging fault as far as he was concerned.

Anyway, you know what maybe the angels were right for me that day, we sat together for  a long time this summer, not twelve angry men (well men and women), but twelve wonderful, open-minded adults, who allowed each other to voice opinion, made relevant comments, cleared up confusion for each other, laughed and cried, but what amazed me was the comradeship of our time together, I wrote a individual description of each juror as I had observed, maybe later on I will post it, to me it was one of my classics.

The best thing about the trial was I met these wonderful people, one in particular has had a very positive affect on my life, when I saw her enter the room, I thought oh shit, kate moss is on board,
 then she opened her hilarious mouth and fun came into mine,
also she is the reason Im here writing this blog ( well apart from him of course),
I showed her my classic juror description and she nagged me into doing this,
for that I thank you blondie! you are helping my soul recover.

The case I was on was pretty awful, it was long and ardous, and let me tell you, there were times in that trial that I thanked the lord that the troubles he gave me, where not the ones I was listening to each day, and I realise now that each day I went there meant I wasnt crying about my own misery, and the days passed and yes I was stronger.
I find it weird to say that it was a wonderful experience for me, but it was, maybe its because we were lucky we had a good group, maybe it was my incessant rubbing of the angel card on day one, but now Im glad I was there, and it was so good to know and feel that at the end of it all Justice was served and I helped.

No comments: