Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Oh my Gosh as usher would say,
I have become my worse nightmare, a screaming banshee.

Recently I received a utility bill that I shouldnt have, it was a phone bill and I had already moved to a different provider, because the old company, had changed the terms and conditions of my contract and it brought extra costs to my bill, I wasnt happy with this, and changed to another company offering a better deal.

Anyway, because we were with this crowd awhile, his name was on the bill still despite the fact that we had written to them to get my name on, somehow by miracalous intervention, they had not received this communication, and my name did not appear on the billing.
The fact that it was paid every month from my bank account seems to have been irrevelant to them also.

So anyway I call them explain that the bill is incorrect and they need to reissue me with a new bill, and what do I get, yep the text book answer, " I am sorry madam, I am unable to discuss particulars of this account with you, under the data protection act blah blah blah"

I explain to that poor innocent git, that He no longer lives in the house, that we have already sent in written form the change of billing, and holy jesus he repeats the line I am unable to discuss.......
So with all the sense of a two year old having a tantrum, I lose it, yep I mean totally lose it.

I shouts down the phone at him (yes to my shame), that well He has f..ked off with someone else, left me and my kids, and your effing phone bill for me to sort out, and when the bill is not paid, who are you going to be talking to then! huh huh tell me that..

Sweet god, he actually repeated the I am unable to discuss,.... You need to get him to call us, in order for any further action to be taken on this account. That poor poor fool!

I says to him, are you for frigging real, open your ears, do you actually expect me to ring that fu..er and ask him to ring you, to discuss my phone bill, what planet do you live on!, I will give you his phone number call him yourself.

Worse again was his reply, I am sorry mam, we are unable to do that he will have to call here, as I have already said We are una.......

Yep you guessed it I hung up!

Now Im fired up to the heights, so I ring him, he doesnt answer, I leave an obnoxious message,blessed with many curses about him being a Prick, and hang up.

He calls back tells me to calm down, and what is the problem, so I give him the whole speel again, and he says yeah no problem I will ring them but we did send in the letter, I dont see what the problem is anyway.

Less than five minutes later, a supervisor from that phone crowd rings, apologises for the complication but as He has verified that the phone bill can be discussed with me, we can move on now to the issues at hand. I was wishing that I had more than an issue to hand at that moment in time.

I had a reasonable chat with him, explained the bill problem and he is getting it sorted.

I said to him , that surely there has to have been an easier way of this billed customer issue, and he said well the data protection act blah blah, but before I got my gander up he saved his eardrum, by saying the chap should have made the call to him, and saved my distress, and he would be passing it on to customer services as an issue.

So we said goodbye, and that was it, another poxy moment with his name on it.

No comments: